More Information ...
UV systems can destroy 99.9% of harmful micro-organisms. Ultraviolet (UV) is a type of energy found in the electromagnetic spectrum between x-rays and visible light; the UV energy attacks the core of the micro-organism destroying the DNA (or RNA in the case of viruses) rendering the micro-organism inactive.
Our UV systems consist of a medical-grade, nano polished stainless steel chamber which houses a UV lamp (the light bit that is sometimes referred to as a bulb) and a highly polished quartz sleeve. Water flows in the chamber allowing the UV light to penetrate the water, sterilising the micro-organisms. It is important that the water being treated is as clear as it can be as sediment particles in the untreated water can cause shadowing and prevent the UV light from reaching the micro-organisms.
To this end, we always recommend that you install at least one pre-filter (down to 5-micron minimum).
- Designed to zap chlorine-resistant parasites such as Cryptosporidium and Guardia; harmful bacteria like E.Coli and viruses not visible to the naked eye, including coronaviruses.
- Specifically designed and tested regular output lamp provides consistent and reliable UV output over the entire life of the lamp 9000 hours) to ensure continuous purification. Inner quartz sleeve with highly polished quartz structure to provide optimum wavelength penetration.
- Easy to maintain and service with easy lamp replacement.
- Equipped with a slip connector that allows for easy removal of the lamp without special tools. The lamp can be changed without the water having to be switched off.
- Built with a durable heavy-duty 304 internal nano polished stainless steel chamber to prolong life and eliminate ultraviolet degradation whilst allowing full refraction surface for the UV light
- Offers consistent contact levels of sterilisation not offered in lower quality UV systems
- Audible alarm and a visual indicator in the unlikely event of lamp failure.
- CE standard ballast power supply protection