More Information ...
Who needs a UV Disinfection System?
People who have their own private well water supply are advised to test and treat their water supply regularly. Regular testing and the installation of a UV water treatment system including UV lamps and UV filters can help to eradicate a high number of bacteria from entering your drinking supply.
Certain areas can be more susceptible to outbreaks as was seen in the Mid-West of Ireland in 2021, where there were 164 cases of verotoxigenic E.coli (VTEC). The Mid-West region has one of the highest rates of VTEC in Ireland, while Ireland has one of the highest rates in Europe, according to the Department of Public Health, Midwest.
Why do I need to treat my water using UV Water Treatment?
Using ultraviolet water treatment kills bacteria in your water supply without using chemicals. The rays emitted from the UV lamp in the disinfection units kill potentially illness-causing micro-organisms such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia, harmful bacteria like E.Coli, and viruses not visible to the naked eye as well as coliforms, salmonella, streptococcus, hepatitis, cholera and even meningitis.
Will a UV Disinfection System also treat my water for other materials?
No, UV water treatment systems will not remove heavy metals, hardness causing salts, chlorine, or other organic and inorganic compounds from your water supply. There are other methods which can be used to remove these from your water – our Water Treatment Team can advise you separately on how best to remove these materials.